9.06.2007

oh, Pavarotti

I miss him already! Seriously, I love opera. Opera is one of the reasons why I love music. The first thing I knew about opera was the name Pavarotti. Who can hear his voice and not think it's pretty incredible? In my first CD purchase was a best of Pavarotti arias CD (along with Counting Crows August and Everything After - agh!). I'm sad he's gone. But he was 71, he had cancer, these things happen. I am sad.

So, Thank You Pavarotti for sending my ears in the direction of opera. I'm going to see Madame Butterfly in New York at the Met partly because of you!

I love this pic:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, poor pavarotti.
it seems that all of the people that were a part of my cultural/pop upbringing (or merely recognizable growing up) are either retiring or passing on. it's a bit strange, but unfortunately it was bound to happen sooner or later.