3.11.2007

Thesis Update


I know you all are dying to know what's going on with my thesis.

I finished stage one of the computer analysis. Now I'm collecting the rest of the data needed for stage two. I have about 10 or so pages written - intro draft, methods draft. I'm not going to address even half the questions I originally started with, not even hint at primate brain evolution (my main academic interest) because I have run out of time! Not to mention, to do a decent job, I'd probably need to write a two-hundred page book, not a 40 page undergraduate thesis. I am confident I'll finish on time.

I'm very glad I decided to write this thing. It's given me a whole new perspective on research, scientific query, and the power of my own brain. If I decide to continue in academic research, as a career, I feel as though I'm laying the foundation for some great research opportunities later on in my life. I am finishing up an application to a local university for an MA Anthropology degree. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck...look forward to celebrating after your graduate school acceptance letter arrives!