8.24.2007

*possibly (for some viewers) egregious amount of patrick wolf pictures* apologies in advance...

so I've been playing around with my keyboard - it can do lots of stuff! I've always wanted to play the accordian. old school french troubadour. I have no idea how much they cost, but I just might invest in a used one in the next few months. I wonder if I still have my old guitar? maybe I could get that back from sarah if she's got it. it seems that it's pretty easy to pick up a used violin in this town. my sister's x-fiance had a few, and they're really fun to play with. the range of sounds you can produce is so different than those you get hitting random keys on a piano. I like.

can you tell I've been bored? enough tv already! I tried watching an episode from season 1 or 2 of beverly hills 90210 the other day - the one where brandon gets on the tv show - but I couldn't finish it! I feel like I've seen all the episodes already, I carry them around in my brain as part of the pop-culture collective unconscious. I have collected almost ONE HUNDRED post-it notes of ideas for scripts, an opera, novel, graphic novel, installation piece, songs, all written while I was at work. a burst of creativity that lasted 30 seconds. stopped typing and turning pages briefly, wrote it down, then back to work. I guess I should sift through all of them and see if there is anything that moves me, any idea that I connect with enough to develop.

I think instead of investing in expensive clothes, I'm going to start learning how to make my own: sewing, creating/following patterns, and learning about working with different fabrics. I remember the tiered skirts my granny pat used to make for my sister and I. simple and fabulous.








yes, I absolutely love this last picture.

so I read the his fourth album will have a lot of political material inspired by his recent touring in the US. whatever the subject matter, I'm sure I will love it. now I just need to track down a copy of wind in the wires...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've got it. just get your hands on some cd-rs, and it's yours to have. the last pic is from his 'wind in the wires' era.