9.23.2008

Native American Powwow

Be there or be square!

The 17th annual Austin Powwow and American Heritage Festival is on Saturday, November 1st. I am pretty sure Mom dragged us to the first one - it was in some tiny middle school gym, about a hundred people or so. Now it is huge. It's fun, they sell a lot of cheap crap, but the dancing, costumes, and drumming are great. So is the frybread. I'll probably be there at 10 AM to see the Grand Entrance dance which is neat. I think they do it more than once. I love the old men that sing and drum, they are super adorable with their old man faces and braids. Old men should always have braids. Or beards.

I'm doing a lame job describing this, but I'm ready for bed. Trust me! More info on their website.

1 comment:

Butterkins said...

I guess you are square cause i dont think you went crazy hoe