6.28.2007

Spring Awakening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, you guys, I am so in love with this musical! The soundtrack, at least. I listened to it twice today at work, and the day before that, and before that. I am ready to hop on a plane to New York and go see it! Who's with me?

It's based on a play written in 1891 about German teens discovering sex and their bodies. It's got teen pregnancy, masturbation songs, gay lovin', and sadly, icest, abortion, and suicide. The music is written by Duncan Sheik. Remember him? He did that song Barely Breathing, back in the day. Here's some videos from the website (www.springawakening.com). It won 8 Tony awards, including Best Musical! Yeah!

What it's about and interview with Duncan Sheik!



Bitch of Living Music video

1 comment:

Unknown said...

S&M, Gay Lovin', and Masturbation...all my favorite things rolled in one!
When does this plane leave?