9.06.2006

Funny conversation with Dad

I called Dad just to chat the other night and told him I was watching the Project Runway marathon. He really likes that show. He told me all about how Allison (sp?) was 25 and designed and made her clothes, and we both agreed Jeffrey is a total jerk. I told him that earlier that day, Jr and I watched Xanadu. I loved ONJ's dresses, but especially her black/gold pantaloon/argyle-legging number at the end. He kinda moaned about the movie, like it brought back terrible memories.

Dad: Huh. There's a show you should try watching, it's kinda funny. It's on WE...
Me: WE? The Women's Entertainment channel?
Dad: Yeah. It's called Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty.

He is serious, people! My dad is turning into the old man who likes to watch women's television. He already listens to Annie Lennox (who is amazing, btw - I called her The Red-Haired Lady when I was a mere child rockin' out to Eurythmics videos on MTV). He's turning into a softy! My grandpa has Fox News on all the time (used to be CNN) if there's no game. My children will talk about how their grandpa watches Lifetime and made-for-TV movies starring Melissa Gilbert and Dana Delaney.

No comments: