9.23.2006

Research is hard (boring post)

At least it is easy for it to be overwhelming. This undergraduate thesis is the first major research project I've undertaken. In the end, I will have written 30 - 60 pages, complete with graphs and cladograms and phylogenies and tables, and a bibliography of 20 - 30 sources, primarily from scientific journals. Phew! I do have fun searching in databases for articles, but so far I haven't done a good job organizing what I find. As soon as I download it to my desktop, I forget about it. There's around twenty on my desktop, and about 30 more in various folders from various stages of the research problem. I talked to a professor the other day who had some resources to give me. I really liked his system: four or five file cabinets organized by topic, then the articles alphabetized within. It was very easy for him to find exactly what he wanted to give me.

Wow. Thrilling topic, I know. I'll start a new, more blog friendly post.

No comments: